Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Wasabi has instituted a paddling moratorium for dragon boats and our OC6s. Our Club small boats, OC1/OC2's, are available under specific safety protocols
Because your safety is primary, our Reopening Committee has been working to ensure that your return is safe and abides by the CDC and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) guidelines. We are optimistic that June 30th will be a feasible date to reopen, we will adjust as needed to ensure safety of our paddlers.
Questions can be directed to Wasabi Safety Officers: Jay Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org) and KJ Jackson (email@example.com) or our Reopening Committee Co-Chairs, Connie Flesuras, and Kerri Robinson
4/27/21 Reopening update: OC2s for use by members of more than one household OPEN May 3rd (members required to follow COVID-19 Safety Guidelines and follow all small boat protocols)
COVID-19 Safety Policy
Club Communications (TeamSNAP emails)
(Communications listed in descending order)
- Reopening Letter to Wasabi Club Membership (March 31, 2021)
- Reopening update to Wasabi Club Membership (April 27, 2021)
COVID-19 Team and Member Training
This is the coaching staff presentation of the Club COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for our membership.
Members, it is a highly recommended prerequisite, that you view this document and formulate questions you may have of our staff prior to your return to on water activity.
Questions are bound to come up. Here is a link to a list of the most common questions and answers.
Q: Why aren’t we allowing unvaccinated members to participate on water?
- To maximize safety of club members; CDC guidelines support fully vaccinated people interacting without masks or social distancing
- Wasabi Helms have determined that social distancing on the boats by staggering seating is not safe, especially during summer months with rough water
- We do not have the tools or infrastructure to ask coaches, helms and captains to manage vaccine status and/or negative COVID test results at each practice for each attendee.
- Wasabi continues to monitor CDC and OHA guidelines and will welcome unvaccinated paddlers back on water as soon as it is safe
COVID Response Form
We want to hear from you. If a situation arises you feel we can improve our safety protocol please let us know.
If you have tested positive, for the COVID-19 virus, please identify the following in your email
date(s) of contact
who, potentially came into contact with you in this gathering
Coach or crew lead for the gathering